Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whistling in the Dark

3 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Whistling in the Dark - Page 8 Empty Re: Whistling in the Dark

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 am

She nodded. The man didn't have much information. She leaned her head on the boy. Well, that wasn't much, but she knew that she liked to remain hidden, at least. She seemed to just appear. She wondered where she might've lived. The school said that she was a student, but nobody really seemed to know her, save for the boy in her arms. She didn't know a whole lot. She didn't expect the school to give much information. Maybe this would all work out. Maybe some info could come from this. She was glad the boy did it. She smiled a bit and nuzzled her head against him. "Thank you." She spoke to both the boy and the researcher. She was happy.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:45 am

Rayne walked towards the elevator with Kasi in tow, he nodded to a man who was standing just outside of the elevator that wasn't there before. He wore a complete black suit and his eyes were covered with sunglasses much like Rayne's that he was wearing at the old house. Under his dress jacket was the outline of a Mac-10. Rayne stepped into the elevator and so did the man. He smiled towards Kasi and the elevator doors closed. Again the room moved, this time upwards and when it stopped it opened into a small reception area with two huge wooden doors which were open into an absolutely massive office. The floor was completely black granite and the walls had massive square-like spikes coming from them. In the middle was a considerably sized desk made out of a complete white granite. In front of the desk were chairs and behind the desk was a huge throne like chair.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:18 pm

It seemed that they were done here. She felt warm inside. It was a little cold down here, though. She shivered a bit and stood close to the boy. There was a man here now. He was dressed in black and... she couldn't tell anymore details. Everything seemed blurry. She wasn't used to this light level, or this temperature. She wondered if it could be a bit warmer in the building. They entered the moving room again. That was a strange floor. She didn't feel safe in there, like she could step out into open air at any moment and fall. It was so empty. She shivered again, causing her to snuggle closer to the boy. It was okay. Everything was okay.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Rayne walked into the reception area. The bodyguard followed them out of the elevator and the secretary was there at a desk. He walked into the office and sat down at his desk, this room was surprisingly warm for all the cold looking sources in the room, even the chairs were warm. The bodyguard stopped at the doorway, but Rayne's secretary bought a few file folders in and set them on the desk. He smiled and then looked at Kasi, "So, what'd you think?"
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:34 pm

She followed the boy in. There was another person in this room. She just stayed close to the boy. This room was much better than the last one. She blinked a couple times before her eyes adjusted. She looked up to the boy, the edges of her mouth curving up. "It's amazing. I've never seen anything so big." It was surprising. She stayed beside his chair. She didn't really want to leave his side. But she didn't need a seat. She'd be fine.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:42 pm

He looked over at Kasi, then to his guard. Immediately the guard left and closed the huge doors, "Please sit Kasi." He looked at her and then spoke up, "The reason I brought to my office instead of the penthouse is because I need to ask something of you." He loosened his tie and pulled metal tube out that held his hair in a ponytail, "I want to officially put you on the payroll as a consultant, you won't have to do anything, but I will be paying you. Officially I couldn't marry you if we ever felt that close to each other and legally you don't exist so I can't leave you anything in my will, however I can give you a fake identity, make an account under that name and slowly give you a paycheck into that over time." He now had his right leg crossed over his right.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:58 pm

The boy told her to sit. The only other chairs in the room were the ones on the other side of the desk. She frowned a little, but brought it back to a smile. She walked over to the other side of the desk and sat in a chair. It was warm. She smiled a bit more. The boy wanted to pay her. He said they wouldn't be able to marry. That... that was something way down the road. She hadn't though about it. He said she didn't legally exist. She wasn't sure what that meant. He would be paying her. She didn't know what she'd need money for... She twiddled her fingers. She looked down at the ground for a little bit, then back up to the boy. "What do you mean I don't legally exist?" It didn't make sense to her.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Rayne realized what he said, "In the parameters of the legal system you don't exist, no birth certificate, no social security number, nothing. But you obviously exist you just weren't documented in the system, and without that you can't get a job, a home. Honestly I don't even know how you're able to go to Darks." He scratched his forehead and then smiled at her.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:26 pm

She understood that. She played her fingers against each other. She bit her lip. "Why don't I have any of it..." The boy knew. He must know. She started to feel colder. She couldn't smile. Her face was empty, maybe a touch of sadness. Her fists tightened up. She was a little upset. She took a couple deep breaths. She looked him in the eyes. "What am I?" She knew the answer. She was pretty sure she knew. She didn't like the answer. If he knew... maybe he would say something else...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Rayne looked at Kasi and sighed, "All I know is that you're not human. I've seen your form, the red eyes, the claws. Beyond that I am as clueless as you." He walked around the desk and put his arms around Kasi, "And don't think you're wrong for being different, you're a beautiful person. And you're special." Rayne snapped his fingers Amd the secretary came in with a thick leather bound book that looked old as hell, the pages were stiff, the binding was cracked and there was even some dust. The lettering on the spine and cover was in Latin. "However if I were to deduce what you are I'd say Demon. One with a past she has blocked out, a past she is afraid of."
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:49 pm

He said she wasn't human. Tears started to drip out of her eyes. She started to shiver. She didn't like it. She didn't like it at all. She shut her eyes and let the tears drip down. There was somebody else in the room. She didn't like that. She wanted that person gone. She wanted to scream at that person. She didn't even know who it was. She didn't want to speak to anybody but the boy. His arms were around her. She didn't feel good. She ignored it for so long. She didn't want to believe it was true. She tried convincing herself she was human. Apparently not...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Rayne grabbed the book from the secretary and shooed her away. He held Kasi close to him, "This doesn't mean you're not a wonderful person, I still love you and I won't ever stop." He pulled away for a second and pushed her head up softly. He leaned in and kissed her on the lips and pulled away and looked into her eyes, "You're an amazing person Kasi, don't let something like this define you."
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:11 pm

The boy got rid of the other person. Good. The boy kissed her. She blinked a bit, trying to rid herself of the tears. The boy loved her. The boy said she was amazing. She took his hand. She squeezed it. She wiped at her eyes. "I... I love you, too..." She wasn't human. It hurt her. It hurt her so much. Everything she believed wasn't true. She lifted her arms and wrapped them around the boy. "I love you..." She knew that was true. That was it. She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. She couldn't say anything else.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 pm

He smiled, "Let's go nap upstairs. I think you need it." He started to walk towards the elevator, the doors opened as he got close to it. The elevator went up one floor and Rayne stepped out, "Do you want to sleep in your room, or join me in mine?" With that he pressed a few buttons on a panel and the windows slowly started to black themselves out, lights coming on sending a soft yellow glow over everything.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:38 pm

She took the boy's arm and walked with him, looking at the ground. They entered the room. The moving one. It moved up. Only a short while. The doors opened back up. The walked in. She didn't want to talk anymore. She just chose to not let go of the boy. She kept her eyes to the ground. She still felt a little cold. A nap would be good. A nap would be great. She was a little tired. Didn't sleep too well last night. She felt a little dizzy. She didn't want to leave the boy. Ever...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 pm

He walked into his room it was darker because the lights had cloth placed over them. He walked into the bathroom for a little while and then came out in just pajama pants. He pulled the covers down and spoke to Kasi, "I figured you want to stay in here some nights so right inside the closet on the left side are some pajamas for you." He sat on the edge of the bed as he waited for her.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:05 pm

The boy walked them into his room. He left her for a little bit. She just stared at the ground, taking deep breaths. He came back out and sat on the bed. She kept her eyes on him. There was pajamas for her in the closet. It would be nice to change into something else. She's been wearing this dress for a couple days. She went to the closet and grabbed something of hers. She didn't know if she should dress in here or in the bathroom. He dressed in the bathroom. She guessed she should, too. She walked to the bathroom and shut the door. She took off her clothes. She looked at herself in the mirror. That wasn't her. She knew what she looked like. It scared her. More tears. She didn't like to cry. She sighed a bit and pulled on her pajamas. She stepped back out into the room. Her cheeks were red and puffy. She went to the boy and wrapped her arms around him. "I don't like being this way..."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Rayne pulled her close and then pulled up the covers, "Just go to sleep." He waited for sounds of her sleeping before he started to close his eyes. He kissed her on the cheek and then started to fall asleep. He started to dream, however the dream quickly turned into a nightmare, it made him toss and turn next to Kasi and he was sweating profusely.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 pm

The boy held her tight. She didn't want to cry again. She kissed him. She didn't want to let go. She held him tight. She wasn't going to talk for a while now. She shut her eyes. She needed to sleep. She couldn't. She had that image in her head. What she really looked like. It made her sick. She tried her best. She couldn't rest. She kept her eyes just and breathed deeply. That was all she could do. She hoped the boy wouldn't mind. It sounded like he was asleep now. She opened her eyes up. He started to move around a bit. She held him tight. She put a hand to his head and gently stroked his hair. It would be okay. It would all be okay.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Rayne woke up clinging to her arm that wasn't stroking his hair, this wasn't a side many people saw. His vulnerable side. He sat up and looked into the darkness of his room. He just sat there shivering in fear, "I'm sorry, just had a nightmare." He stood up drenched in sweat, the second his foot touched the carpet the soft glow lights slowly came on. He stepped into the bathroom and the lights came on as he stared into the mirror.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 pm

He was awake. She smiled. He stepped out of bed and into the bathroom. She looked around the room. She wondered what time it was. She'd been laying there with him for a long while. She pushed herself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. She stood behind the boy and wrapped her arms around him. She still wouldn't speak. She leaned her head on the boy. She shut her eyes. She hoped the boy would be okay. He said he had a nightmare. She didn't have those. She didn't really dream. She wished she could.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Rayne splashed some water into his face and then stared into the mirror for a little while. He placed his hands on Kasi's hands and sighed. He opened the cabinet door and pulled out a white bottle. He emptied two pills out and swallowed them both without water. Rayne walked towards the bed and curled up on the bed, "Ni...N-..." And with that he fell asleep.
Ethan
Ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 pm

The boy touched her hands. She smiled a bit. He took out a small little case of something and ate little pills from it. He walked back to bed. She looked at the small case. She wished she could read this language. She supposed she had an excuse now. Oh... that didn't feel good. She sighed and left the bathroom, hopping back into bed with the boy. He was already asleep. "I love you." She wasn't sure if she would be able to sleep tonight. She hoped. She she snuggled close to him and took a deep breath. She shut her eyes gently and slowly drifted away.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8