Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Searching

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Soul Searching - Page 3 Empty Re: Soul Searching

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Her body language said it all, she was ready to continue the walk to the school.. It really wasn't that far as the city lights could be seen. He then turned around, facing the road, Mark started to walk slowly so that the girl could catch up with him. At that moment he didn't feel tired, used to being awake for more than 24 hours was his speciality. Most of the times while he was younger he would sit on a field all alone, concentrating, sharpening his hearing. He still needed to train his normal abilities so his ability would get stronger, but at the moment he didn't know how to do so.. Mark still had some injuries not treated which would hurt him once in a while, he got used to the pain, it made him feel alive even though he was just a shadow in this world.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 am

The boy started to get going. She followed behind him and sped up so she was beside him. It was quiet. She didn't want things to get strange. "I've been feeling weird headaches like that. Short, but painful. And I can't figure out what it is that's causing them." She stared at the ground again. "That was the worst one yet."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 am

Mark continued to walk down the road not intending to stop, the girl needed rest that was for sure. He then started to think about what could cause pain like that.. "Maybe the pain is connected to you ability somehow.." Mark moved his look at the girl, examining her, and what else it could be. She didn't have any sign of head injury or that she was hurt in any way, no scars, bruises.. Nothing..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sun May 13, 2012 12:51 pm

The boy mentioned her power. She blushed a little and looked off to the side. "Maybe... " She didn't like her power. She guessed it helped a bit, but really, she would be much better off as just a normal person. She thought about things. "It started during something you said... maybe I was... remembering something?" She wasn't completely sure. The idea seemed so strange. It could be true, though...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Mark then realized something, "remembering". He moved his look at the road ahead, as he though about the matter. "Everytime you try to remember something, you get these severe headaches.. It looks like your memories are blocked and when you try to unlock and remember something, it sends a shockwave of pain, which I assume that it makes you think twice before you try to unlock them.." He said while he though some more, Mark was good at things that needed to be pieced up together, he could see the connections right in front of his eyes, floating in mid air, but there was one missing link.. "Now.. The only problem is that we don't know what caused it, if we did know.. I might have found a solution to fixing the problem.." He added as he moved his look slightly down.. If I could only help.. I would do anything so she didn't feel pain... He though moving his look back at the road.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm

The boy confirmed her thoughts. She nodded. "Well, you said something... I'm not sure what it was." She was a little scared of what it might be. There were a lot of powerful words in the boy's monologue. She twiddled her fingers and stared at the ground. She sighed a little. This was going to urn out bad. She knew it.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 am

At that moment Mark started to review their whole conversation in his head, the words he spoke and he heard were now right in front of him, he couldn't point out anything yet.. At this point Mark needed to use his ability.. But he didn't detect any water near by, the sooner he used his ability maybe he could find the words that he said.. "I need to find water.." He said, he didn't even need to explain the situation, he knew that the girl didn't understand but saying in a bit serious tone it could have cought her attention. The sooner he used his ability the better this could turn out, plus he could use his speed to get to the school in no time..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 pm

She cocked her head a bit. She didn't completely understand. She looked around. There was a bit of water back at the ruins, but that was so far away now. And the city was a good ways away, too. She wasn't sure... oh! She felt at her side and bottom. They were still a little damp from laying in the puddle earlier. "Would my wet clothes work?" She wasn't sure what he needed water for. His throat didn't sound dry. Maybe it was power-based... that was usually the occasion.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

"I might have a little H2O for you, buddy." A voice called from the darkness behind them. If they turned to face the source, all they would be able to see was a pair of glowing amber eyes getting closer by the second, "Then again..." He said, stepping out from the darkness, "...You'd have to come with me first." Kain was dressed in his usual punkish attire (See profile pic), his long black hair styled in a shaggy manner. The devilish grin on his face showed nothing but malice and a closer look, they would see the thick liquid dripping from his fangs like syrup. His long snake tongue slipped from between his lips and tasted the air, recognizing one of the scents. It looked like he had found his target, "Subject H20... Why don't you come back home, your family misses you." Kain's serpentine tongue slipped into his mouth once again, "And I won't take no for an answer..."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Tue May 15, 2012 8:35 am

Mark looked at the girl while she mentioned that she had some of her wet clothes, it was perfect. "That would be great.." He said, but was interupted by someone from behind them, at first Mark couldn't recognize who it was. Mark waited for the person to finish his sentence, at that point Mark moved his look back, moving his whole body so he was facing the person. He could recognize the person, he then moved his head slightly towards the girl. "Run.." He whispered to the girl, it was more of an order, as he moved his head back towards Kain. "Project Gemini... Kain.. Where's your brother? Usually you guys can't be separated." He said with a more serious tone, Mark knew this wasn't going to be just a chat.. "Hmm.. I can't say "no"? You know, I never did like my "family".. But you know my answer, don't you?" He added, moving his look around, just in case his brother is around.. "You know.. Kain, you could just walk away... I think that would be a smart move.." Mark was now dead serious, he gave Kain a warning and a chance to stay alive.. "Oh.. And the name is Mark.."
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 pm

The boy told her to run. She didn't want to go. She could stand her ground. She stood. Close to the boy. This newcomer was dangerous. Must be. She chewed her lip. She didn't want to fight. She really didn't want to. This guy looked menacing. She took slow, deep breaths. She raised a hand up and readied herself to draw her weapon. If this attacker tried to strike she would defend.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Kain sneered at the both of them, disappointed that H20 wouldn't heed his little warning. As for the fresh meat, she would serve as a pretty useful bargaining chip. She placed a hand on the handle of that big scythe of hers and caused Kain's sneer to change back into his original grin, "So the two of you plan to fight?" He chuckled and removed the clothing on his upper half, revealing the muscle underneath, "Big mistake, meat." He took several steps foreword and stopped about 8 feet away from the two, cracking his knuckles as he did so, "Are you two really ready to die here? He shifted his amber eyes to Kasi and let his tongue slip out of his mouth once again to become familiar with her scent, "One last chance to run away. All you're doing here is making yourself my target."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 am

Mark focused on Kain, this wasn't good, the girl next to him wanted to fight, she didn't know what "he" was, Mark did knew what Kain was, one of the deadliest humans that have ever been created. There were few people like Kain and his brother, but Mark knew everything that there was to know about "Project Gemini" except the new updates they added to keep them alive. Seeing his chest he noticed that there weren't any dead cells which the previous generation had, there was no joking about this, Kain and his brother are now one of the most dangerous people that can walk near the university. "Go! You have to run.." Mark said this time very serious, this wasn't a joke, he knew what Kain was capable and how his ability worked, the girl didn't and that was the problem.. One good strike from Kain and they could both be dead without the antidote... "She isn't involved in this, I'm your target! Leave her out of this!" Mark snarled at Kain, there wasn't any posibility that he could defend himself without his ability, let alone the girl. These days he wished it would rain, but it was a clear night.. Not a cloud in the sky, nor water near by. There wasn't a way out of this, except to stall Kain so that the girl could get away. "If she dies because of me.. I will never forgive myself.." He though moving his look slightly towards the girl with her hand on the scyth.. The moment of truth.. Moments before the clash between "relatives from the same family"..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm

The dangerous boy was getting closer. Her shy look hardened a bit. She would protect the boy. He was partially blind, afterall. And she was... Well, she was pretty damned good at fighting. She wasn't completely sure why. Her eyes kept focused on the dangerous boy. "P-please leave now. I won't hesitate to hurt you." She was a little nervous, but she was ready to strike.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm

As soon as Mark took his eyes off of him, Kain went on the offensive. With a burst of speed he closed the distance between him and his prey in an instant, his right leg raised for a thrust kick aimed directly at Mark's solar plexus. Then at the exact same time Abel rushed in from behind the two and delivered the same kick at Mark's back. Gemini wasn't something to be taken lightly, especially if they were together, "I don't think you'll be hurting anyone, miss." Abel said quietly, his porcelain white skin becoming scaly and black, "Yeah... You had your chance!" Their aim was to pin Subject H20 between their feet, crushing the air out of his lungs. Kain intended to make it last a little while, but with the second person being here; he would be able to have even more fun. With Kain from the front and Abel from behind, they would see of Kasi made an attempt to attack and react accordingly. She blew her chance to run.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Thu May 17, 2012 7:12 am

As Mark moved his look back at Kain he was interupted with a strong pain in his solar plexus, making him lose his breath, but at the same time he could hear Abel coming from behind, he thightened his muscles on his back to prepare for the dreadful kick in his back. Mark couldn't breath and the pain he felt was strong, at the moment he was hit he gasped for air. The wound on his chest that was hidden behind the shirt and bandages opened, blood started to go down his body. Mark cough out some blood, his head was facing down as the momentum of the kicks were strong, at that point Mark was cought off guard, now he was paying for his mistake.. "Go.." Mark said barely coughing out some more blood, trying to make the girl run for her life. There was something that the Gemini brothers didn't know about Mark but he continued to play "helpless". Mark's eyes slowly closing, his right eye that was white was now changing it's color slightly to black..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm

The boy was hit. She couldnt take it anymore. Her eyes shut tight. Her grip on her weapon tightened. Her skin turned black. Her eyes turned a glowing red. A third eye opened on her forehead. Her golden hair fell to a dark black. Her small, fragile fingers turned to giant claws. She pushed the top of her weapon towards one of the men. The one in front of the boy. Something was trying to push out from her back. She shoved her other hand to the man behind the boy, trying to hit him with her claws. She was angry. She would kill them both.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 17, 2012 8:31 pm

"Looks like we struck a nerve, Kain..." Abel stated, taking note of her new look. He spun back to avoid the claw headed toward him and stuck his hand out as soon as he removed his foot from Mark's back to tap him on the exposed flesh on the back of his neck. At the same time, Kain ground his foot right in his target's wounds and grinned once again when he saw what their strike did to Kasi. Her transformation intrigued him more than anything. He was going to leave H2O to Abel... The demon girl belonged to him. She swung her scythe at him, the long blade ready to pierce him right through the back. Like his brother, Kain spun around the blade and ducked right under it before circling around behind Mark. The sinister smile never leaving his face. Once behind Mark, the older twin wrapped his arms around his neck to hold him in place. Since Mark was the one directly in front of him and Kain switched places, the blade meant for him would pierce his meat shield instead.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 am

Mark was focusing his mind, everything moved so slow for him, he didn't feel anything while he was trying to activate his ability manually.. This was a mere bypass that was created that Subject H20 could defend himself when he didn't have any other way out.

7 years ago..

"Isn't he perfect?" One of the two scientists that was behind the development of Subject H20 said as they came closer to the tank filled with water, with Mark inside. "He will be a fine man one day.. Our work to improve a human being will someday help man kind to survive when wars strike and when humanity is on it's last days. He will out live any human being and he will be the one to stop this madness." The other man said as he was fully aware why the organisation hired them to create him. Subject H20 was primarily planed to be an unstoppable killing machine controlled by strings from afar, but the two scientists that were designing him gave him his own free will, deep inside his mind the knowledge of their works and future plans. The scientists were good men and they never did intend to make H20 be a monster, only a savior. "Let's not forget that his strength lies inside his mind, when he fully unlocks his ability..." The man touched the tank as Subject H20 moved his hand on the tank as well, it made the scientists smile as they knew that it was the start of something that H20 will someday change the world..

Present time..

As the scythe lunges at Mark, he slightly opened his eyes as time still passed slowly for him, was this the end for him? When he fully opened his eyes they were glowing pure white color, as his eyesight was no more, he could only rely on his hearing. With his strength, speed and hearing improved to the amazing three times stronger he could feel something that he never felt before.. Purpose in life. Kain held Mark in place, but the burst of strength he gained Kain could feel something was wrong, right now, Mark was evenly matched with Kain's and Abel's strength, the only thing that Mark had that he was faster then both of them. Mark's muscles tighten as he with ease uses his flickering speed to jump back, carrying Kain with him, he was barely able to nudge them both as the scythe passed a inch from Mark's body. That surely did surprise Kain and Abel, but even Mark was surprised.. Mark and Kain landed just a meter back, Kain still holding Mark's neck his grip loosens from the unpredictable jump giving Mark a chance to break his hold and with his new bound speed move away from him. He stopped a few meters away from Kain, Mark couldn't see only use his hearing to detect vibrations. He could hear even the slightest move, but his wounds were open and that could be a problem as blood ran down his body he couldn't use his ability to the fullest, this was just a demonstration of what Mark was capable, this is why the organisation wanted him back... To unlock his memories so they can improve the Gemini brothers even more.. So they could create a whole army with the abilities from both Project H20 and Gemini combined. He was sure that the brothers knew about that, that is why Kain would do anything so that Mark was captured, even killing him.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm

She was about to move her scythe away when the boy jumped out of the way. She followed through with the swing. She looked to one of the boys. The one closer to her. She used her built-up momentum and swung the spike on the back of her weapon down at him. She just wanted to be home, asleep. Maybe she was dreaming. She really hoped she was dreaming. She didn't like this. It was so frightening. And these boys seemed like they must be something more than just people... Mark seemed so scared, wanting her to leave.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Abel weaved to the side when the scythe was swung directly down at him, burying itself into the ground. He took advantage of this and planted his right foot directly on the pole to keep Kasi from lifting it up again. Then with his cold amber stare trained on Kasi's eyes, Abel reached down to the keychain attached to his belt, "Benumb..." There was a flash of white light as the keychain was released and as soon as the light receded, he launched the dart right at the demon girl's heart.

Meanwhile, Kain laughed at Mark who had managed to escape his grip. But not before he took several good pokes from his venomous skin. Pretty soon the decay would set in, starting at his throat. That wouldn't be a very pleasant sight at all, "Oooooooh, so he has tricks! Too bad his little friends didn't." Kain taunted, a twisted grin on his face, "It didn't take me too long to track 'em down one by one and end their miserable lives. But there was one that I think you should know about..." Kain reached down and tapped the keychain on his belt, "There was a girl that escaped with you guys, right? Pretty little thing... She was the most fun to kill. But the bitch just wouldn't stop crying! Damn it pissed me off! So I propped her mouth open and tapped her on the tongue. Watching her pained face as that little pink organ turned black and fell apart was just beautiful! Since she couldn't speak without causing herself even more pain, she simply mouthed 'Where's Mark?' And you know what I told her?" He paused for emphasis and pulled the keychain off, "I said that you sold her out... Right before I took Blight here and slit her throat wiiiiiiide open." Upon speaking it's name, the keychain flashed with a bright light, becoming a long steel Kusarigama, "And she died believing that you betrayed her, H20. Such a shame, right?" He laughed again as he swung the weighted end of the chain around, "And you're next on my laundry list of people to take down, 'brother'."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 am

Mark's eyes widened as he heard Kain's words, at the moment he felt emptiness and sorrow. Tears started going down his cheeks as they also glowed slightly, there was a mix of emotions.. Pain, sorrow, hatered.. These emotions intensified as it numbed all other pain.. The skin on Mark's neck changed it's color to black slightly, his poison was working.. But he didn't feel pain, at this point his heart was broken as Kain's words echoed throughout his mind. "She died believing that you betrayed her, H20!" Slowly eating his heart and soul piece by piece.. His tears started hitting ground as he was confused, but the confusion soon snapped as rage overcome his mind. In an instant, despite his injuries he moved with flickering speed towards Kain, he moved his left leg for the kick, Kain saw that and tried to block, yet Mark instantly switched his leg and kicked Kain right in the face with his right leg, it was a strong impact, Kain could surely feel the power of it as he was sent back a meter back. "I'm lucky that I am blind.." He spoke so that everybody could hear him. "I'm lucky because I cannot see the two monsters I have created!" He added screaming that part out as he was consumed with rage, it was true though, he was the one behind their development, but his project was overtaken a few years ago. The skin around Mark's neck was now dead, it stinged a lot and the pain was unbearable, but he wasn't going down now, he wasn't going down until Kain paid for everything he has done. "You both don't know anything that is happening behind your backs! Let me assure you, when you finish your "mission" they will end your lives!" Mark said, every word he said was true but if they were stupid to not listen to him then they would be dead in a month or two, but Mark knew Abel wasn't stupid, despite his brother he is the one that is designed similar to Mark, if the bond between "father and son" is broken, if the scientist died, Abel would live a peaceful life.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Her scythe was pushed into the ground. It didn't weigh a thing to her. She tried to lift it. There was a foot on it. She probably wouldn't be able to lift him. Something darted out. She pushed with all her might and a wing forced it's way out of the back of her shirt. She wrapped it around to her front to take the hit from the weapon speeding towards her. It hurt, but it was better than one of her main body parts getting hit. Her eyes were shining red. These people were so strong. She felt a little outmatched. She didn't need that weapon, though. And they wouldn't be able to turn it against her. In this form, only she could lift it. She jumped back a bit and crouched into a more animal-like position. She would have to strike with her claws. She just watched. She would do whatever she could to protect herself and try to save the boy if she could.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Kain raised an arm to block the first kick, but it was just a feint that caught him a little off guard. The second one hit his square in the nose, but he took advantage of Mark's vulnerability. While the leg was still extended, Kain used the chain on Blight to coil around the it and bind him. From there, Abel pulled his poisoned dart right out of Kasi's wing and dashed in his brother's direction with his own weapon ready to strike. Kain took notice of Abel taking action and pulled the chain hard to send Mark into a painful splits position, "You abandoned us! So you deserve whatever happens to you." Kain grinned and licked up the blood that began to drip from his nose, "I couldn't care any less about anything that involves you or your 'feelings'" As soon as he was done speaking, Abel leaped in and delivered another thrust kick aimed for the center of his back once again.

The force generated would be enough to uncoil the chain trapping his leg and return to Kain who looked to the little demon girl, smile still on his face. He would swing the chain around once again as he began taking long strides in her direction, "Looks like your day just keeps getting worse, girl. Now you get to deal with the real monster here..."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Mark was able to hold himself, not going into the splits position completely he couldn't moved, the weight was holding him down. He noticed Abel going for another devastating kick at the same position, with no chance to dodge, he barely turned his body so he could block his kick with his arms. The kick was so strong that it nudged Mark a little, his eyes still full of hate, they were glowing white meaning that he was dead serious. "You don't talk much Abel.. No wonder the scientists liked you more.." Mark was refering to the ones that were the designers of all of the projects.. Marks arms were barely holding his leg, this was really a strong kick.. The poison that was eating Mark's flesh started to kick in, the pain started to be unbearable, Abel could see that and he might use that for advantage. Mark then grabed his leg with one of his hand. "We need to talk..." He said with a serious tone, it all depended if Abel wanted to hear him out, if not, this could get ugly for both the Gemini brothers and for Mark and the girl. Mark could hear the girl's movements, he didn't know what happened to her since he couldn't see her. Hopping that she was okay, Mark waited for Abel's response.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next