Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relaxation and recuperation. (Private)

2 posters

Go down

Relaxation and recuperation. (Private) Empty Relaxation and recuperation. (Private)

Post by Lady Ryusha Fri May 18, 2012 1:55 am

Riku sighed loudly and put another paper into the small wooden basket on his desk. Three pages down, another hundred to go. He needed a cigarette, but when he looked at the door to his office he knew what was out there. The cold look on his secretary’s face if he opened that door with so much work left to do today. And he couldn’t even freeze her nerves with his power. She had abilities unlike anyone else. She had the ability to neutralize and be immune to other abilities. So he knew of only one other way but he had to be quiet. With the quietest steps he’s ever taken, He moved slowly and at the last second jumped out of the window. Just as he was landing he heard her yell his name angrily. But it was too late, he vanished around the corner and into the woods. The trees all around him made him grin. He was alone. So he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, inhaling the toxins deep into his body where they contributed to lung cancer. And he smiled, finally feeling a little relaxed.
Lady Ryusha
Lady Ryusha

Back to top Go down

Relaxation and recuperation. (Private) Empty Re: Relaxation and recuperation. (Private)

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 am

Kain had been wandering about the outskirts of the Academy in an attempt to gent a hold on his surroundings for some time now, always making sure that he never exited the 'fatal distance' around him and his brother Abel. That was the main problem he had with being a result of Project Gemini... He could never stray too far from his brother without being weakened to the point of death. It made him feel like he was on a damned leash. His amber eyes shimmered in the sunlight as his long serpentine tongue flicked from his mouth every once in a while, always detecting a new scent as he did so. So far he had only been able to keep track of Abel who was wading in the shallow water to cool his skin. Kain was prepared to join him when he caught an unfamiliar scent along with the sweet sting of cigarette smoke, "Looks like someone else decided to take a stroll..." Kain smiled and followed the trail left behind, determined to see what it was. He wasn't in his usual fighting mood since he still had a job to do on top of attending classes at Dark's. The older twin stopped roughly twenty feet away from the man he had found smoking, his tongue still sampling the air around him. His appendage slipped slowly back into his mouth before he spoke, "So what brings you here, stranger?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Relaxation and recuperation. (Private) Empty Re: Relaxation and recuperation. (Private)

Post by Lady Ryusha Fri May 18, 2012 7:26 am

Minutes seemed to pass slowly as riku leaned up against the trunk of a nearby tree. He had quickly finished smoking the first cigarette and lit a second one. Just as he put his lighter away he felt it. Somebody was coming. Or rather two people with similar electrical signals. One was much farther, but the other one was close, close enough that moments later, he came into sight. It was a student from Darks. But which one was he? He studied the kid from the corner of his eye. As dean he should know him. When he remembered suddenly. He was the kid who had a twin brother. And Riku mentally grinned. Of course he should have known that, he’s the only one with a twin brother that comes to darks. However when the student spoke, it was clear the kid didn’t know his school’s faculty. And he chuckled out loud. “Stranger? As a student of this fine academy you should know who I am.” Riku stepped off the tree and exhaled his latest puff slowly. With one hand in his pocket, his all black suit, with the black dress shirt and red neatly done up tie, stood out. He only wore it while he worked as the dean. And his white hair was tied back into a ponytail. “I am simply out enjoying a few minutes in the fresh air. My office can get quite stuffy most of the time. The question is, what is a student doing out in the forest during class hours?” His eyes narrowed while he looked at the boy, the strip of cloth around his eyes made it hard to tell that he did. However he was now just awaiting his answer.
Lady Ryusha
Lady Ryusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Kain folded his arms and leaned against the tree next to him, thinking about who the person could be, "Shouldn't expect everyone to know who you are. It makes people think that you're self-important." He adjusted his grip in the dirt with his feet when the stranger questioned about his being out during class hours. If the guy was staff, then he had no real reason to criticize, "That's funny, I could ask you the same question. Because instead of enjoying that little cigarette of yours, shouldn't you be out pushing papers or, you know, something productive?" Kain was very aware that his response was rude and callous, but he was never one for submission unlike Abel. While Kain had no problem letting others know what he truly thought, Abel was more of a thinker. He planned his words carefully depending on the situation. It was because of this that he ended up following Kain as he tracked down the scent and reprimanded him for being rude with a slap to the back of his head. Kain whirled around and grabbed his brother by the front of his shirt, pressing him into the tree, "What the hell was that about, you idiot!" Abel simple allowed his brother to get angry before explaining, "I did it because you're being rude to the man who let us into this school, Kain. You were given a brain for a reason. It's a shame that you let the thing go to waste."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Ryusha Sat May 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Riku couldn't believe this student. One of his eyes twitched and he sighed. Some students didn't appreciate the opportunity they had at this school. However he saw another person approaching from behind Kain. He knew it was the students twin brother. After he smacked his twin and scolded him. Riku both chuckled and due to his job, had to speak up. "Please refrain from causing harm to other students ok Abel? As for you Kain, I am the dean of this academy and as such I do what I decide is best. Including making sure the woods surrounding the school is free from trespassers." He inhaled a rather long drag from his cigarette before tossing it into the grass. He began to wonder what would happen between them net. The two of them being twins, are probably funny to watch.
Lady Ryusha
Lady Ryusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Kain released Abel who dusted off the front of his shirt as if it were dirty, "Normally I would respect a request like that, but it's the only way my brother will learn." He said quietly, ignoring the glare that Kain shot to him, "But I can appreciate your personal investigation of the surrounding area."

Kain shook his head in disbelief about how Abel was acting, he was pretending to be an innocent little student, "You little kiss ass!" He said, poking Abel in the chest. Kain was aware that being poked like that annoyed his brother, a telltale sign being the way his lip twitched, "Maybe you should polish his boots while you're down there."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Ryusha Sun May 20, 2012 4:58 pm

A arc of electricity jumped from Riku’s body to one of his arms. It was an eerie black, and sounded much more powerful then it looked. It was a sign that even the smallest of bolts would be extremely painful. Again riku sent a glare towards the student Kain and another spark erupted. “Watch the language. This is an academy, a school. And you are in the presence of the one who runs it, the one who has more authority than any other except the mysterious headmaster himself. So when I tell you not to do something, you will not do it do you understand me?” Both annoyance and command rang through his voice as he looked at kain. However even if he was having a conversation with these two, his senses were elsewhere. He could feel the presence of every teacher, student, and visitor on the grounds of the school. It was the only way he could tell if there were any trespassers. “Abel, be wary of how you act. Be yourself, but within the rules of this academy. No need to brown nose me.” He spoke calmly towards the second twin. But he was still more focused on the more wild of the two. He had to exaggerate how he was to gain control of such students like him. In reality he was more chill then most teachers, but the suit he wore and his title also came with responsibility.
Lady Ryusha
Lady Ryusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Kain waved a dismissive hand at the display. He understood that the man needed to show authority, but it would take much more than a flash of lighting to make him sweat, "Sure that makes sense. 'Listen to me or I'll hurt you.' Weren't you just getting on Abel's case for hitting me? Or do you not have to follow your own rules?" He looked over to Abel for a second and his brother simply shook his head, "I'm not brown nosing anyone here." He said, "There's a time and place for certain kinds of behavior. And this is the only way I truly know how to act; with humility and respect. It's how I was taught." He looked back to Kain in order to get him to explain even more, "We were part of an experiment to see if the way people acted was nature or nurture. And now the world gets to deal with me as a result."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down