Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unexpected Guest

4 posters

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

An Unexpected Guest - Page 21 Empty Re: An Unexpected Guest

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm

The boy decided to stay. She was glad. He held her close. She took a deep breath, smiling. She felt good. She looked to the girl. She wondered what kind of answer the girl would have. Maybe she would start to warm up a bit to the boy. She hoped the girl was okay with her showing affection towards the boy. It might turn out odd. The girl and the boy were so close in age... Was this a strange this to do? Was it bad for her to be subjecting her daughter to something like this? She had no way to tell.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 pm

The boys question surprised her, she wasn't good at thinking up questions, she started to form a small blush as she looked down at her toy then back up at the boy. "Questions are good" she said in her normal shy low tone. She really needed to think things through befor talking sometimes.. or all the time. She played with the toys tail as she tried to think of something else to say. "We can talk about anything you want", she nodded thoughtfully. The woman seemed to be happier if the boy stayed. If this is what it took then she was ok with it for now. This type of affection didn't phase her much, the woman had friends hut her befor. It wasn't completely new.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 am

It was a little nice to know that the girl was warming up to him, but he couldn't shake the feeling of being out of place with them. If she got her way, Hunter probably wouldn't be in the picture for very long at all. The thought brought a small frown to his face the more he dwell on it, so he pushed it away and looked to the 'daughter', "I think it would be better if you started. I'm sure there are a few things you would like to know."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am

Sure, the conversation wasn't going anywhere, but that just meant it wasn't going anywhere bad. Yet. She guessed there was still time for it to go downhill. The boy's arm was still around her shoulder. She guessed if they were this close and the girl was fine with it... would a little closer be okay? She wasn't sure why she liked to push limits. It was just fun for her. She reached in front, across the boy's body and took his other hand in hers. It made her feel warm inside.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am

It still wasn't that bad. If they stayed like that for a long time she might get abit uncomfortable. But for the time being it looked like things she would do with any friend. She still played with her toy. She needed to start things. "Umm.. I. D_don't really know what to ask." She wasn't good with conversations with others. Did she want to know anything about the boy. She thought for a moment.."how did you meet mama togi?" The boy was a student right?. "And your a student right?." She was starting to blush again. She felt weird.. she didn't feel right just asking random things. She was used to just ignoring people. The only one she got really close to was togi. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was doing something wrong.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Hunter was aware that she wasn't very used to dealing with other people, especially those of the opposite sex. The way she spoke seemed a little awkward and childish, but at least she was trying. The girl's questions were stock, which he expected, "I met her in the gym. She fixed my hands after I hurt them." Without pause, he continued to answer her next question, "And yes, I'm a student. 18 is a little too young to be teaching anyone about anything, so I guess I'm right where I'm supposed to be!" He smiled and ran his free hand through his hair, brushing away the locks covering his eyepatch, "Anything else you wanna know?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

The girl was doing surprisingly well. Wonderful. She smiled wide. She was so proud. She gave the boy's hand a squeeze before letting go of it and dropping her arm to her side. She kept her eyes fixed on the girl. The girl had asked pretty normal questions. Everything seemed normal. She was so glad. It probably wouldn't end up going downhill. Then again, with her luck... Nah. It'll be fine. The girl was polite, everything will turn out perfectly.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Another injury. The woman had said they boy fought abit.. she bit her lip. Maybe she shouldn't ask.. "why do you fight?". She knew he got his injuries in fights.. but she didn't know how. He seemed strong. So was he the one the got hurt or was he the one that hurt the other. She stared at the ground. She was definately sure that was a bad question. Her curiousity got the better of her. It hadn't registered that he was only afew years older. Ages and differences where difficult for her to understand. It never seemed that important.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 pm

And just like that, he was stumped. Things were going alright for a little while, and then she asked him a question that he just wasn't sure how to answer, "Why do I fight?" Hunter repeated the question so he could think a bit more clearly about it. There were just so many reasons he could give for wanting to fight. But almost all of them seemed mean spirited or inappropriate. So after a brief moment of thought, he looked to the girl and explained, "I fight because I want to be sure that I can continue protecting the ones I care about until the day I die." He paused for a brief moment before continuing, "I lost my little brother when I was sixteen. Killed right in front of me. Why? Because I wasn't strong enough to protect him. I never want to lose anyone I love because I wasn't there ever again. So that's why I fight."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Well... that question was a bit personal, but she supposed it wasn't too bad. It could get much worse. The boy gave a pretty serious answer. She was pretty sure she'd heard that before. The story of his brother. She gently rubbed his shoulder. She didn't want him to feel bad. He had a pretty difficult childhood. Somebody so close to him dying. She wondered what it was like. She wondered if anything like that happened in her childhood. She needed to find somebody that knew. She wondered if she could find her parents. She knew the town that was next to the hospital she woke in. She should take a trip there....
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:30 am

The boy repeated her question, she braced herself and glanced up at him, he seemed serious and thoughtful. He didn't seem harsh from what she could tell.. though at the mention of his brother she suddenly regretted asking the question. It was new to her.. fighting to protect instead of causing pain, but.. she wasn't really sure how to process it. She bit her lip and stared down again. "I'm sorry", it was a bad question. She didn't even want to imagine how that could feel, she was pretty sure her parents where going to kill Togi if she didn't do what they wanted. She didn't want to think,she didn't want to remember. She sniffled, clutching the toy tightly. "To be strong?.. is a good thing" she was half questioning it. Struggling to remain in the here and now, she shut her eyes tightly. Tears where forming. She needed to get stronger too... like the boy, but was fighting really the only option?.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Hunter could tell that the girl was growing even more upset as the time went by. By the way her face looked, the young man could gather that, despite his effort, she still didn't understand. It was going to be a trial for Togi if she wanted this girl to grow up, "Don't be sorry." He said, looking to her. Hunter's serious expression gave way to a more gentle one, "After all, I gave you permission to ask whatever you wanted." He leaned against the wall and folded his arms, staring absently into the area directly ahead of him, "The more I tried to forget every painful thing that happened, the more it hurt when the memories came back. I would repress the pain in every way I was able to, but in the end they continued to haunt me. I lost sleep, couldn't eat, all of those terrible things." Hunter may have been saying too much, but he felt that the both of them needed to hear this, "Eventually I just stopped trying to forget and immersed myself in it all. I accepted every memory, counted every scar..." He paused, "And as soon as I could accept what had happened, I resolved to never allow it to happen again. When you hit the bottom of the barrel, at least you know that the only way to go is up!" He looked down to his feet and smiled, "That was one of Damien's quotes."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:12 pm

He.... He sounded so sad. At least until the end. She stood close to him, her hand rubbing up and down his back. She didn't know if she could say anything. The two of the were having a conversation, of course, she didn't want to but in. She looked to the girl to see what sort of reaction this would yield. She hoped the girl didn't get upset. She wanted the girl to like him. So far she only really knows sad things about him. She wondered if they could do something to lighten the mood a little bit, but she was unsure how to bring it up. They were in the middle of a serious discussion. She was unsure how to handle things now. She just waited.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 am

She stayed silent, she just stared at the ground, she sniffled, the boy had gone through alot it sounded like it. At least similiar to her. She didn't know what to say. She didn't like the idea of being stuck in her memories. They hurt her too much, she didn't even know how to accept it. She just stayed quiet, she wasn't fully gone. She was struggling with her thoughts and her emotions.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:42 am

Hunter assumed that things were going good but, like most cases, he was wrong. The whole 'kind nurturing' nature wasn't something he was taught or even considered learning. He lived his entire life believing that 'tough love' and realism were the best ways to go. Being tough on himself and those around him seemed to work well, and as far as he could see; Togi's motherlike nature did nothing but enable her 'daughter'. It was a shock to see that two people from the same basic situation could end up on completely different sides of the spectrum. He was forced to grow up, and she continued to act like a little kid. He could feel the craving for another cigarette begin to effect his body and thinking. If something were to happen, he wasn't going to be fully clear. The last thing he needed was a confrontation on top of all the other crap he had to deal with, "Neither of us can solve your problems for you. In the end, you need to change yourself."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:16 am

Nobody spoke for a while. The silence burned her ears. The boy spoke up again. She couldn't tell if the boy was speaking to her or the girl. She tightened her fist a bit. She didn't want to think about this. Well... she did. But she didn't. It hurt her inside. It made her safe, made her feel unfit as a mother. She nodded. She needed to take the advice. True, it was probably aimed at Vashy, but it just fit too perfectly to her situation. She hoped so much that Vashy would fix herself. Didn't happen. She hoped the boy could come in... maybe change things. Still didn't work. She'd have to do things differently if she wanted it to be better. She took a deep breath. "I understand..." Her voice was soft, a whisper. It wasn't intended for the others to hear, but they probably could've if they wanted to.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:55 am

The boys words didn't really hekp. Her problems.. the woman managed to help her. She.. helped fix some of them. The tears where starting to flow. The woman agreed with him!. "NO!" She yelled at him. The toy. Smothered against her chest. She was starting to shake. She held together.. her security was just threatoned. She didn't want to deal with it. "I don't want to... I don't want to!" Her voice was unsteady. She was still screaming. She didn't want to live through those memories. She didn't want accept them. She wanted to bury them. She wanted her parents gone. She started to go back again.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Hunter had been close to bursting, but the sudden scream just gave that last push. There was no way she'd be willing to listen if he spoke softly. And by the way she was screaming, he doubted that she'd be able to hear him anyway. He took in a deep breath to calm himself down and his expression changed from that of worry to something more of an extremely stern father, "It's not a matter of want, okay?" He shouted right over her screaming, "No matter how deep you try to bury the memories, they'll keep coming back without a doubt. I know because I tried!" He took a step toward the girl and looked down to her, "Is this how you're going to react when a serious issue comes up, huh? Are you going to scream until Togi comes to your aid?" He extended a hand in her direction briefly before he gave the girl his attention again, "When confrontation comes, are you going to act out like a little child or start acting your own damn age. I'm only three fucking years older than you, and we've had similar upbringings. The only reason that you're on this end of the extreme is because you simply REFUSE to grow up. But don't just take my word for it, your 'Mama' has been running herself ragged for you and this is how you thank her. By screaming because you don't know what else to do."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 am

The girl started to cry. She reached to comfort the girl, but stopped at the boy's words. They stung. They hurt pretty bad. The boy was telling the girl everything she should've. But... She didn't want the girl to know about how this all affected her. She'd been so stressed lately. If the girl knew, maybe it would be better. The girl still cried. She swallowed hard. She but her lip and sht her eyes tight. She had to resist going to help the girl. She started to feel all the pain she'd accumulated trying to help the girl pushing on her shoulders. She wanted things to be okay. She hoped the girl would accept what he said.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 am

The boy just yelled back at her, her entire body tensed up. She barely registered half of what he was talking about. As soon as the yelling started her mind went back. There was nothing she could do, she couldn't talk back and she couldn't resist. There was no point. It just made things worse for her, it always did. Her crying became silent sobbing, her toy looked like it was going to be cut in half in her hold. She was shaking. The word that seemed to sting the worst was Mama. The only thing she ould do was repeat the same old words. "I'm sorry.."mumbled over and over.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 am

By the way she froze, Hunter could tell that she wasn't very used to being confronted when acting out. He wasn't sure of what kind of ship Togi was running, but he had no intention of letting someone old enough to get a learner's permit act out in such a childish way. Something like a temper tantrum would get nothing but a stern and almost harsh reaction from him, "You have to understand that screaming won't always get you what you want. Especially when the people you're screaming around won't tolerate it." He took a step toward the girl and slumped down enough so they would be face to face, "And don't be sorry. Just do better for yourself." He pointed at the girl in front of him, "And her." He retracted his hand and pointed a finger at Togi, "Because the way you act isn't helping either of you. You're regressing, and she's getting tired."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:17 am

She wasnt sure if the boy's words would get through to her. The girl was in such a delicate state right now. She'd heard those two words so many times from he girl. It was horrible. She couldn't speak up right now. She wasn't able to speak that way. Sure, that's how she felt. Sure, if she didn't say anything this could probably get much worse. But... She'd been through too much with the girl. Use just couldn't stand to see the girl break down. It hurt her.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 pm

The girl still didn't get what he was talking about. Mainly due to the state she was currently in. The boy did something strange though, he changed his position. He was no longer in a threatoning state, he no longer was in a position that could easily turn into an attack. He was just talking to her. She still didn't catch all the words.. Just the movement from his hands. Her mumbling was starting to subside. Her chest shook with each breath. She was calming down. Slowly but surely.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Hunter drew in a deep breath after she began to calm down and took a step back away from her before making his back to Togi's side. He looked over to her and ran a hand through his hair, "Sorry about that... But seeing her act out just..." He shook his head and patted himself down until he located his pack of cigarettes, "I need a smoke." He pushed open the door to her office and popped a cigarette into his mouth as he strode though the hallway. He didn't light it until he stepped out to the outside and drew in a deep breath to fill his lungs, Here's hoping I didn't make things worse.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 pm

He calmed the girl down. She was impressed. The boy seemed a little stressed. He ran a hand through her hair. She touched his arm. "It's okay..." He wanted a cigarette. She didn't really want him to smoke anymore, but he needed it. He stepped out. She turned to the girl. She walked over to the girl and embraced her tightly. "Are you alright, honey?" She stroked the girl's back. This all turned out rather well. The girl wasn't upset, the boy made his point, and she didn't screw anything up. Lovely.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum